Cape Grim Red Wine & Garlic Eye Fillet Medallions. Cape Grim Beef – Australia’s finest grass-fed beef from the far northwest corner of Tasmania, shaped by the wild Southern Ocean swells, abundant rainfall and the cleanest air in the world. Raised on rich green pastures with nothing else added, Cape Grim Beef is hand-selected and rigorously graded, rewarding you with pure beef flavour – made by nature.
Cape Grim Beef eye fillet medallions marinated in red wine and garlic promise to be deliciously smooth on the palate with the subtle flavour of the red wine and garlic.
Sold individually 150g each. Purchases of 2 units or greater will be packed in pairs or fours.
How to Cook
We recommend cooking in the oven and finishing with a quick sear in a hot pan at the end.
- Place the eye fillets in the baking tray in the oven at 180*C fan force.
- Tip – pop the baking tray in the oven whilst the oven is heating up. So you aren’t placing the fillets into a cold baking dish.
- Cook for about 12 – 13 minutes in the oven.
- Meanwhile, heat a hot fry pan on the stop; when the eye fillets are finished in the oven, give the eye fillets a quick sear on each side of the hot fry pan.
- Maximum 1 minute on each side. Rest for 5 minutes before serving.